Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Obsevation

In my 20 minute observation, I saw different types of plant, birds, trees, and insects. Among the birds I saw were Crows, Hawk, and Sparrows. Insects I saw were Bees, and Ants. Many of the trees I saw were lemon trees, orange trees, and Palms Trees, which included Windmill Palms, Washingtonia Fan Palms, Queen Palms, Mediterranean Fan Palms, Canary Palms, Island Date Palms, and Phoenix Roebelenii Palms. Each species of palm tree different from the next in size and shape, have one thing in common, all the palm trees mentioned coexist on the same property. An example of Interspecific Competition, where one or more of a given species in this limited area interact to gain access to the same resources soil, water, and sun light to grow. Though these trees give off moisture into the atmosphere by way of evepotranspiration, they are not biodegradable when taken to a land fill, therefore contributing nothing in the way of nutrients to the soil. However, these trees do provide our environment with oxrgen they also provide a dwelling and a nesting place for other birds such as owls, and other species of birds previously mentioned as well as giving the landscape well as giving the landscape a diverse and scenic landscape.









No comments:

Post a Comment